How sony corporation attained success in market by ERP software ?
Sony corporation is the electronic business unit, in which it is dealing for electronics, videos, communications and TV games for the customer and professional market. It is the company headquartered in Mitao (Japan) established in 1945.
The overall vision and mission of the company follows the improvement of life of their next generation through the regular product innovation and to generate value for their key stakeholders.
Why did SONY invented the need for the ERP software ? -
- The company followed a silo culture in which their customer had the problems with their product accessibility.
- There were some economic problem in Japan because of yen was depreciating in the value comparing to the US dollar. This issue was creating profit problem to the company
- The initial work culture of the company was well compatible with the current working policies.
- The overall work culture was decentralised and autonomous and there was no controlling authority.
- The lack of proper communication and coordination led to the cost increment and new problem origin to the company.
SONY leading to the ERP system -
After analysing the needs of the company and their problems, they decided to chose the Microsoft SQL based technology which had the following facilities - online product catalog set up, ongoing administration facilities, content customization facilities based on better customer behaviour.
Besides the consumer behaviour data, data mining facilities were also provided to the company which also worked very well to the company for better decision making. Online product facility also reduced the workload and loading time to the website. The overall price, features, usage and other information were also customisable from the company server administration.
Company also integrated their SAP solution to the other facilities like - order consolidation, acknowledgement and processing information, payment information, inventory and pipeline processing.
The complete ERP system not only provided real data to the website but also provided security to the website data which was very confidential towards sales and marketing.
- provided real time data processing to the system.
- provided high level of security to the data
- reduced the website loading time
- increased the visitor level of the website.
- increased the overall customer satisfaction level
- helped marketing teams to the understand the real time online customer behaviour.
- improved the centralisation in the system
The overall case study of the sony company is the example where the ERP system does not only help with the administration and decision making facilities but also boosted the marketing and promotional agenda of the company. It also worked for the online visibility of the website of company which is very necessary for the success of today’s companies and businesses towards getting successful in the digital scenario.
Resource - university ERP